Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's wrong with my earring?

It seems as if I've always had bad hearing in my left ear. It dates back to constant ear infections as a kid and again as an adult. Just one more dr I didn't want to go to.

I've never thought of it as a hindrance but more of a useful tool at night when husband snores. I mean, really, a built in earplug, right? It didn't hurt, so I never saw a dr for it.

Besides, I have another ear to hear with, right? You all have to see the humor in this. Because, really, I do. My family, notsomuch!

So now, BOTH ears are blocked and I can hear only bits and pieces. Of course, my kids like to talk to me at the lunch or dinner table. Nothing like having a peaceful(for once) or so I'd thought, meal, and I notice the whole table is staring at me. Apparently, they'd asked me a question! Quick. I better act like I knew what was going on!! Nope. Total fail on my part.

I looked at my daughter and touched my ear, and said,"what's wrong with my earring?" To which she replied with laughter. I didn't see what was so funny with such a mundane sentence. My husband just shook and hung his head.

She said,"No, what's wrong with your hearing?". Loudly. Ya know, so I could hear.

I'm off to the dr. I'm driving everyone, I mean, everyone, nuts.

It's only taken me two days to write what would be normally a simple piece, but it isn't since I now have to look up to see if anyone is talking to me, and look at their mouth moving. Sounds fun, right? /sarcasm

What did the dr say? I have swimmer's ear and he prescribed me two weeks of antibiotics. After this time, he will do a hearing test.

There's going to be big trouble if I start to hear my husband snore after 13 years!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Kriszti said...

Jen do u mind telling me what Font r u using in the titles?

castilloara said...

You so crack me up about the husband snoring part! Hahaha =D
I'm sure my whole family wishes they never had to hear me snore..and yes I admit I suck down whole sheets of drywall when I snore. I think it is from my sleep apnea, so I know I can't help it.

I had swimmers ear alot when I was a kid, so I know all about the not hearing part. I really do hope that your hearing gets back to normal soon though.
I have been experiencing lots of changes in my hearing, and actually loss too. Everytime the doctor has looked at my ear he doesn't seem to find anything wrong though. Oh well.
Get better soon! You know....you can still keep pretending that you don't hear well in front of your kids, so that they won't even bother coming to you w/ arguments and bickers. Lol

castilloara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill said...

Where can I upload the audio file of her "I dont snore" JennyLee