Monday, June 6, 2011

We all need water, right? Right?




I know we are supposed to drink the requisite 8 glasses of water a day. Some days are easier than others, natch. Until I found this.




This being MiO water 'flavor enhancer'. Best.Drink.Idea.Ever.




I'm sure you've seen the commercials where they squirt it in til the bottle of water turns blood red or whatever deep color flavoring they are using. Don't do that. Stop. Read first.




I first found this at the check out stands of my local grocery store for 3.99 for a 1.62fl oz bottle. Yeah, that's teeny! I wasn't buying that! Come the second time seeing it at my grocery the display was half empty. Hmmm. There must be something to this, right?




Upon closer examination the flavors presented were strawberry watermelon, peach mango, berry pomegranate and sweet tea.




The directions read: "Flip it, to unlock the flavor. Tip it, each squeeze into water adds more flavor. Sip it, your drink, your way." Catchy, huh? Sold! My daughter and I chose the strawberry watermelon to try.




So, of course once home we did as commercials do..squeezed a few drops into our water bottle. OH MAH GAWD NO! >.< don't do that. PLEASE don't do that. Our bottles looked just like the commercials did and lordy were they as sweet as taking a few spoonfuls of sugar into your mouth!




We learned our lesson and we hope to help you: a teeny squirt goes a LONG way! What we did learn too though was that the right ratio MiO/water mix really tastes awesome and refreshing, too! I keep one in my bag for on the go(in a Ziploc, just in case!)




We have also found that by using less, this little bottle goes a LONG way with even six of us using it. Well worth the 3.99!




We have tried them all and even have mixed them. So far family consensus is strawberry watermelon and peach mango is the best mix. Let me know what you think when you try via twitter, email or comments below.




Also, Keep an eye out for monthly give aways! One is happening soon! xoxo

No comments: