Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What helps you?

Good early morning fellow insomniacs and early risers! How is everyone feeling?

I had a particularly rough patch today and wondered what you all do FIRST THING when sideswiped by this Mack truck we call fibro?

The VERY first thing I do is ask my husband or kids for a big hug. Second, I lay down. Third, I take a steaming hot shower(winter) or jump in the pool(heat of the summer). Lastly, pain meds!

I'm looking into working more holistic routines into my day. Any thoughts?

I'd like to take a few minutes and open upon my blog to discussion about what helps you in times of pain. Who do you turn to? What do you do?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I think I am going to come to your house to jump in the pool, lol. seriously, I am highly allergic not many of the narcotic pain medications so for me, the pain medication is usually not something I turn to. I have a huge soaking tub which is a god send when I hurt. In the winter, I usually fill it with very warm, if not hot water and sink in, and summer, well it usually is not so warm and I sorta daydream I am at the pool. I have found gentle stretching does help, especially when my back pain is bad, but I must be careful. Other than that, headaches, I use cool compresses, and for all I pray. If it was not for my husband and son, this would be a whole lot harder. I also have an amazing support system online. My extended family is 3 hours away, and busy, so my cyber-#spoonies help me get through many bad days. They are awesome!

Jenny Bucket said...

I'm coming to your house to borrow your tub! :-P

Tradsies? Heh.

Reading helps me escape a bit as does music. I need to read more than I have been as of late.

I'm really lucky to have a great husband and 4 great kids who are super supportive. And when I need ppl who understand...I definitely turn to my spoonies. They have kept me sane!

Thanks for your helpful tips, Kelly. I'm going to work stretching in to my routine.

Anonymous said...

I don't have fibro (doctor suggested it, I have anxiety/IBS/weird aches and nerve pain without explanation), but when things start getting achey I usually sit in the bathtub. Helps a lot. And sometimes I do a little stretching and breathing and it makes me feel a little better. I saw your blog on #commenthour and it's lovely! Take care!